Tutorial for Home Sellers
Begin the tutorial by clicking BEGIN TUTORIAL below. At the bottom of each screen is a button to continue to the next page.
Once Robert has inspected your property and compared it to other, similar houses for sale or recently sold properties, he will provide you with a thorough "Comparative Market Analysis".
Through Re/Max you get:
- extensive referral and relocations generating 100,000 prospective buyers a year
- we handle the real estate requirements for employers of hundreds of North America's top companies
Robert will target:
- what the buyer's probable financial profile will be
- in-town move-ups (from what neighborhoods?)
- out-of-town transferees
- special interest (equestrian, resort, retiree)
- first-time home buyers
- full exposure of your listing on the World Wide Web (Internet)
- promotion through the Toronto Real Estate Board MLS which provides you access to a broad base of potential buyers
- broker and public open house
- yard sign
- direct mail
Getting Ready for Action
Steps you can take for your house to look its best for broker previews, open houses, and buyer showings:
Prepare each room:
- Pick up toys and shoes
- Keep dishes out of sight
- Be sure the beds are made and all clothes put away
- Kitchen and baths should sparkle
- Give carpets a quick once-over with the vacuum
- Open the drapes and shades, and turn on the lights to make your house look bright and cheerful.
- Turn off the television. You might want to have soft music playing in the back-ground.
- Pick up newspapers and sweep front walkway.
- Keep pets out of the way. Make sure all pet areas are clean and free of odour.
- Secure jewelry, cash, prescription medication and other valuables.
- It is usually best if you can leave while your house in being shown. Potential buyers tend to feel more comfortable if the owners are not present. Trust the real estate professional to show your property to its best advantage.
- Please save the business cards of all agents who show your property, and call me so that I can follow-up on them.
- If people who are not accompanied by an agent ask to see your property, please refer them to me and I will pre-screen them.
- If you are leaving town, please notify me and leave a number where you can be reached